Frequently Asked Questions
The following sections answer some of the most frequently asked questions about MenuBox.
- Who uses MenuBox? What can MenuBox do for me?
- What are the advantages of MenuBox over other solutions, both commercial and free?
- Can I really use it for free? What's the difference between the free version and the registered one?
- Can I sell or distribute a CD or DVD containing a project created with MenuBox? Will I have to pay royalties for each unit?
- What are the differences between MenuBox in HTML Mode and HTML Applications (HTAs)?
- Can you provide an analysis of possible security issues involving the deployment of MenuBox?
CD and DVD AutoRun
- Tutorial: Using MenuBox on AutoRun CDs and DVDs
- I would like a data file (HTML, PDF, Word, PowerPoint, Flash, AVI, MPEG, etc.) to be opened when my CD is inserted. Can I simply use "OPEN=Start ...", "OPEN=explorer.exe ..." or "ShellExecute=..." in Autorun.inf, or is MenuBox better?
- What is the difference between AutoRun and AutoPlay?
HTML Browser Container
- Tutorial: Using the MenuBox Browser Container Window
- Can I automatically open a full screen browser window when my CD or DVD is inserted in the drive?
- Using HIDEFOCUS to Remove Dotted Borders
- Using X-UA-Compatible to Set the Compatibility Mode
- When scrollbars are disabled in the MenuBox browser container window, scrollbars in frames don't work either. Can these be selectively re-enabled?