MenuBox - System Requirements
The redistributable components include:
The MenuBox SDK is the package which you can download and buy from this site, and which includes the redistributable components, plus the MenuBox Wizard, the Sign Project tool, and more.
- MenuBox runs on all versions of Windows on both x86 and x64 systems ("all" currently refers to Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012), actively using the most advanced features which are available (e.g. translucency for fade-in and fade-out effects, Windows-specific visual styles, etc.) MenuBox does not run on versions of Windows prior to Windows 95.
- MenuBox text windows and the windowless launcher functionality run on all versions of Windows (no special requirements).
- MenuBox HTML windows (browser container mode) require Windows 95 v. 950b (also known as OEM Service Release 2 or OSR2) or higher, or Windows 95 with Internet Explorer 3.0 (released in August 1996) or higher, which does not need to be the default browser. Conditional options are included to detect the availability of the browser and to either install the desired version of Internet Explorer or fall back to a text-based simple window or information message.
- The MenuBox browser extended document object model requires Windows 98 or higher, or any version of Windows with Internet Explorer 4.0 (released in September 1997) or higher to be installed, which does not need to be the default browser. Conditional options and scripting code are included to detect the available features and to keep running without errors or install a newer version of Internet Explorer or fall back to a text-based simple window or information message.
- The Menubox SDK (i.e. the authoring tool available on this site for publishers) requires Windows XP (with SP2 or higher), Windows Server 2003 SP2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 or higher.